We hope that you all are doing well and thank God for His continued protection. In spite of all the challenges, we are so grateful for the ability to meet together again in person. When we reopened, in addition to following the state and county restrictions, the deacons and I chose to temporarily split our congregation into two services, in order to protect our most at risk and to make it easier for our families with small children to sit with them in the service. Since reopening, we have continued to monitor the situation to see when, and how we could move our services back to their regular meetings times safely. Since our initial reopening, we are now conducting in person children’s ministry on Wednesday evenings and junior church outdoors on Sunday.
It is our conviction that every church service serves a unique and essential function in our corporate worship, and that for our members to be growing spiritually, they must be together and have the opportunity to attend each of these services. After a month of separate worship services, we believe it is now time to bring our entire congregation back together for our regular weekly service schedule, and we believe that this can be done safely. We are planning to have our first combined service on July 12th. In order to do this effectively, we have the following expectations:
The following expectations from our original plan are still in place:
- We will continue to live stream all church services for those who are unable to attend.
- There will be no in-person children’s Sunday school classes or nursery at this time.
- We will require you to check your own temperature at home before arrival. If you have a fever, please join us on the live stream.
- We will ask that all attendees follow the county and state guidelines for wearing a mask when coming, going, and while seated in the building.
- We will continue to use our special seating arrangement in the auditorium with the addition of families with small children sitting on the organ side designated by purple markings and blue markings designate where the rest of the congregation is permitted to sit.
- We will expect social distance guidelines to be maintained strictly at all times, including interaction with children.
- We will only be using the front restrooms, with a limit of two individuals or one family in the restroom at a time.
- We will not be using the back of the building or water fountains.
- Our evening and midweek services will follow the same guidelines.
The following additional reminders are being added for clarification:
- Doors will be opened 30 minutes before each service, but we are encouraging you to meet outside for fellowship until entering the building to find your seat.
- There should be no congregating for fellowship in the main auditorium or the narthex before or after the services to assist those who are cleaning.
- We will be dismissing from the back center sections first to allow orderly exiting from the building.
- Parents with small children must keep their children with them at all times in the building.
- Please make sure your children are not running in the parking lot or climbing in the front trees.
Adult and Teen Sunday School 9:15-10:00 am
Junior Church Ages 2 yrs-6 yrs dismiss after songs in AM service
Children's Sunday School Classes during the PM Service dismiss after songs
Class 1: 2-3 yrs
Class 2: 4 yrs-2nd grade
Class 3: 3rd-6th grade
Wednesday: Patch Club (Both Groups) 7:00 pm
2 yrs-5 yrs
Please understand that our decision to adjust our in person service does not mean that the threat of COVID-19 is gone. This is still a contagious virus, and we must be vigilant to maintain good hygiene and respectful social distance behavior when interacting with one another. No one is required to attend services, and each person must realize that a decision to come is also an assumption that they will be taking full responsibility for the potential risk that they or their family may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19. We have taken carefully thought out, responsible measures to ensure everyone’s safety, but we still recognize the potential risk is present in our facility as it is in any other area of social interaction in our communities at this time. We look forward to seeing you this coming Sunday if you are able to join us!